About Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum
The Multi Award Winning Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum features 27 historical buildings housing over 12,000 exhibits from the Fraser Coast and Wide Bay area; these exhibits include a fully-furnished slab cottage, built in 1898, the Goodwood Railway Station, the first Dundowran Hall, the original Dundowran State School, a fully equipped blacksmith shop, cane harvesting machinery, horse drawn buggies shed, restored IHC three horse power engine, petrol driven washing machine, school and music room, and Hervey Bay’s original Methodist Church, built in 1901, is now available for weddings.
The village comes alive on Sundays when their volunteers dressed in period clothes demonstrate old time crafts. See the blacksmith make a horseshoe, treadle the 100 year old wood lathe and help make your own souvenir wooden goblet. Come and turn the handles on the corn shelling machine or join the Rope Maker and make a souvenir piece of rope on a 100 year old machine for free.
Three new displays opened on Australia Day 2018, a Fire Station, a Cobblers Shop and a Barbers Shop. With over 3 acres of displays, allow at least two hours to view, more on Sundays when the demonstrations are live.
Groups are welcome.