About Mary Ann Steam Engine
The Mary Ann is a replica of the first steam engine built in Queensland in 1873 at John Walker and Co’s Union Foundry. It steams through the park along the rail tracks which were laid to service the wharves and Walker’s Foundry. The Mary Ann operates on Thursdays in conjunction with the Maryborough Heritage City Markets and the last Sunday of the month with the Sunday in the Park festivities.
The front and back seats of each carriage fold down to accommodate wheelchair passengers. There are two ramps available to enable the loading of wheelchairs.