Miss Janet Melville bequeathed the Fairy Fountain and Band Rotunda in memory of her brother Andrew who was Mayor of Maryborough in 1863. The entire structure was imported from Scotland in 1890 after the Hon. A.H. Wilson MLA saw it at the Glasgow Exhibition and acquired it as a suitable memorial.
In 1905, the fountain was moved from under the ornate roof of the rotunda to its present site to allow the use of the rotunda as a performance area.
Last Sunday of the Month activities in the park feature live brass bands performing in the rotunda and miniature steam trains.
Due to current health advice on social distancing, please contact the business for the most up to date information regarding opening times and services.