Being the Fraser Coast Tourism Ambassadors is the easiest job in the world!!
We take it very seriously…..
Dan & I both grew up on the Fraser Coast with our families since we were about 9 years of age. Which means I think we can now be called locals….. We have seen it grow & change which really excites us. There is really no other place we want to be as a family as Emmy grows up.
When your region is as gorgeous as it is, has a million things to offer & a supportive community around you – it’s really quite easy… We love that visitors alike also feel this way & sometimes end up moving to the region. During the Christmas holidays the town was buzzing & we love that feeling. Holiday makers making the most of our climate, perfect weather & safe beaches. Dining, eating, swimming & relaxing is what it’s all about.
- Multiple visits to our FREE Wetside Water Park located on the foreshore in Hervey Bay (and 5mins drive from home) so fun for hours! Catch ups with friends & fish and chips in your swimmers are what dreams are made of!!
- Family time is so special & a walk along the Urangan Pier at any time of the day is fun – seeing what the fishermen have caught & seeing the active marine life is always good for the soul & even wet a line
- Head into Maryborough for the morning to visit the extremely moving “Gallipoli to Armistice Military Trail” it makes you stop, reflect & gives you goosebumps. The interactive Military Trail is located in Queens Park with a special connection to Lieutenant Duncan Chapman who became the first ANZAC to step ashore at Gallipoli in 1914 was born in Maryborough. No matter the time of year this trail has to be on your to do list when you visit the beautiful Fraser Coast. Maryborough is full of history & magic
- Surrey cycle along the Esplanade from Aquavue
- Stand up paddle board on our pristine safe waters
- Hang on the beach & build sandcastles
- Have a BBQ anywhere along our Esplanade with great facilities
- Take your scooters or bikes to the skate park on the foreshore
- Come for a FEED at EAT at Dan & Stephs, or see our Fraser Coast EATS Blog for more foodie inspo
- Score a bargain or pic up some fresh local produce at the Maryborough markets each Thursday morning
- Marvel in the Mary Poppins MAGIC at the Storybank in Maryborough
- See beautiful Hervey Bay & Fraser Island from above 🚁 with @great_ocean_helicopters
- Boat over to Pelican Bank for a BBQ
- A relaxing day trip to @kingfisherbayresort
- Book a fishing charter with Hervey Bay Sports Fishing
- Fish & Chips by the beach with some coldies
- Hop on board @tasmanventure and have a Remote K’Gari Experience
These are just some ideas to get started this Christmas Holiday! You’ll always find an adventure here on the Fraser coast. We hope to see you in our piece of paradise soon! Love dan, Steph & Emmy!