In the event the site has been closed by QPWS&P due to weather extremes or emergency situations, a refund can be provided. In the event of a permit cancellation, a refund can be provided if the cancellation is made by contacting Fraser Coast Tourism and Events on 07 4191 2600 (select option 3) at least two (2) calendar days prior to the permit start date.
QPWS&P will not offer a refund unless extenuating circumstances apply. Where death, serious illness or severe injury occurs in the immediate family before or during the permit or booking period and written details such as a certificate being received by the issuing centre, a refund may apply.
Other extenuating circumstances not outlined above may be put forward requesting a refund and justification for the request and emailed to [email protected] or [email protected]. All requests for a refund must be submitted within 28 days of the end of the permit or booking period. QPWS&P will consider circumstances, however in most instances a refund will not be provided.
QPWS&P will reject a claim for a refund based on circumstances outside of its control including but not limited to:
• unfavourable or unpleasant weather conditions before or during the booking period;
• personal decisions to change visit plans;
• personal decisions to arrive after the permit start date or leave before the permit end date;
• the failure of a person or group to obtain a transport booking or the failure of their chosen transport to operate; and
• ill health or sickness not life-threatening.