Built in 1914, the Maryborough Drill Hall and Depot was the home of the Wide Bay Regiment, taking its name from the Wide Bay (and Burnett) Regiment formed in 1886. The regiment was built from earlier volunteer units that came into being soon after the Colony of Queensland was created in 1859. The original drill hall site has been divided over time, with half of the land now occupied by the Maryborough Services Memorial Bowls Club and the Maryborough Memorial Pool. The 1914 drill hall remains the headquarters of ‘D’ Company, 9th Batallion Royal Queensland Regiment.
Attraction, Military Trail Maryborough Drill Hall and Depot
Lennox StreetMaryborough, QLD 4650