Retreat to Fraser Island’s western bay, immerse yourself amongst the World Heritage-listed surrounds and relax on island time, for the perfect day in paradise.
Your ‘Day Away’ starts with a scenic cruise across the Great Sandy Strait on the 9 am ferry from River Heads to Kingfisher Bay Resort. On arrival, you’ll be met by one of our Resort Rangers, who will provide you with information about your day’s activities and help you explore the surrounding areas.
The tranquil waters and pristine coastline of the Great Sandy Strait are safe for the family to swim and fish. Plus there is optional water sports equipment available for hire, including stand-up paddleboards and kayaks. The Sand Bar restaurant also has two large swimming pools for you to enjoy during your visit.
Special Offer: Day Away at Kingfisher Bay Resort
You don’t need a four-wheel-drive to spend quality time on Fraser Island. With a ‘Day Away’, you can literally laze the day away on Fraser’s western side.
Our ‘Day Away’ package from Hervey Bay includes:
• Ferry transfers.
• Day use of the resort facilities including the swimming pools, self-guided walking trails, and our tennis and volleyball courts.
• Join a ranger-guided resort morning walk (check our What’s On Guide for times and activities).
• A delicious deckside lunch overlooking our inviting swimming pools.
• We can arrange to pick you up and drop you at your accommodation in Hervey Bay, for just $10 per person.
• $69 per adult/$39 per child