An ultimate bucket list experience is to watch breaching, pec/tail slapping, spy-hopping, majestic Humpback whales in their natural environment; sometimes so close to the boat you could almost touch them. This experience in Hervey Bay’s calm waters is like no other and on board Whalesong, you can relax and enjoy the entire experience whilst the crew look after you and your travelling companions needs.
Whalesong’s 5 hour morning cruise is the longest half-day cruise in the Bay, which means extra time with the majestic humpback whales (and dolphins) yet you’ll still be back to carry on your journey in the afternoon. Also as the only half-day boat to include morning tea and a buffet lunch, this cruise represents great value for money.
* Guaranteed whale watch – if no whale sightings, a free return trip offered
* Tour carries maximum 60 guests (only 60% of actual vessel capacity of 100 guests) for unrivalled quality guest experience from kind, empathetic and experienced crew
* Expert commentary on marine life and local Aboriginal history
* Advanced ecotourism certification
* Hydrophone to listen to the whales ‘sing’ (when conditions permit)
* Children’s activity sheets
* Morning tea – fresh fruit platter and variety of cakes
* Buffet lunch – cold roasted chicken, ham, three salads, fresh bread rolls
* Complimentary loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee, milo and chilled filtered water
* Dietary requirements catered for with at least 48 hours advanced notice
* Environmental Management Charge included
* Free WiFi on board
* Courtesy Hervey Bay hotel pick up and drop off
* 16.4m in length, 6.8m beam and 1.4m draft
* Custom built for whale and dolphin viewing – extra wide decks
* Multiple viewing levels (enclosed and open air) – 3 levels including water level viewing
* Comfortable, modern interior with main salon and small upstairs lounge
* Fully licensed bar and snacks available
* Wheelchair/pram accessibility (including toilet)
Whether it’s your first or 50th time whale watching, our expert crew will ensure your memorable experience is educational, awe-inspiring and extremely enjoyable.