View the remarkable store that time forgot! This large grocery store was operated by one family from 1871 to 1972 until it closed its doors with trading records and stock dating back to the 1890s all preserved in original condition.
Brennan and Geraghty’s Store, with adjoining residence and cottage, was acquired by the National Trust of Queensland in 1975 due to its historical commercial significance.
After many painstaking years of restoration, the store was opened as a museum about itself and its place in the community, it is a rare survivor of our commercial heritage surviving intact with its own contents.
The store is open seven days a week, the adjoining houses are not open to the public. The store is closed during mid February each year for maintenance work.