Watching a majestic Humpback Whale breach, pec/tail slap, spy-hop, in their natural environment – sometimes so close to the boat you could almost touch them – in the beautiful afternoon light, is simply the best way to round out your day. This experience in Hervey Bay’s calm waters is like no other and on board Whalesong, you can relax and enjoy the entire experience whilst the crew look after you and your travelling companions needs.
The last full service boat to depart the Marina in the afternoon, Whalesong gives you the opportunity to enjoy Whale Watching on the day you arrive in the Bay. Also, as the last boat to return, we’re treated to watching these majestic creatures with no other boats around and will enjoy the sunset over the Bay and iconic Urangan Pier. The only boat to offer a buffet dinner on board, this cruise (like all other of Whalesong’s cruises) represents great value for money.
* Guaranteed whale watch – if no whale sightings, a free return trip offered
* Tour carries maximum 60 guests (only 60% of actual vessel capacity of 100 guests) for unrivalled quality guest experience from kind, empathetic and experienced crew
* Expert commentary on marine life and local Aboriginal history
* Advanced ecotourism certification
* Hydrophone to listen to the whales ‘sing’ (when conditions permit)
* Children’s activity sheets
* Afternoon tea – antipasto platter: cheeses, cured meats, dips and crackers
* Buffet dinner – hot and cold dishes, salads and fresh bread
* Complimentary loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee, milo and chilled filtered water
* Dietary requirements catered for with at least 48 hours advanced notice
* Environmental Management Charge included
* Free WiFi on board
* Courtesy Hervey Bay hotel pick up and drop off
* 16.4m in length, 6.8m beam and 1.4m draft
* Custom built for whale and dolphin viewing – extra wide decks
* Multiple viewing levels (enclosed and open air) – 3 levels including water level viewing
* Comfortable, modern interior with main salon and small upstairs lounge
* Fully licensed bar and snacks available
* Wheelchair/pram accessibility (including toilet)
Whether it’s your first or 50th time whale watching, our expert crew will ensure your memorable experience is educational, awe-inspiring and extremely enjoyable.