Dan, Steph & Emmy probably say it best when they describe the COVID-19 pandemic as “something movies are made of”….
Like the rest of us, they are feeling the pressures of staying home and bunkering down until we see the day where our doors can finally reopen – and we can all resume business as usual.
“We live in paradise, yet we are limited to what we can do. It’s frustrating & it certainly has taken some ‘training the brain’ to stay home & do the right thing so this eventually goes away.
We’ve been able to continue with our daily exercise along the Esplanade early in the morning watching the sun come over K’gari (Fraser Island) & I tell ya, Mother Nature has turned it on – like she’s rubbing it in our faces! The beaches are pristine, skies crystal clear the air clean & fresh.
At the end of the day, it’s what’s best for us all, but it is truely so hard to see so many hard-working, local businesses close their doors, not knowing when they will reopen. It’s heartbreaking!
We really do believe we will all learn so much from this, become better, kinder & more compassionate people after this experience that we will talk about for the rest of our lives.
We also know how strong our community is – we will get through it & when it’s all back to normal again we will replenish & thrive! And we will help each other.”
The trio have of course been missing their friends and family, but also the beauty of their own home here on the Fraser Coast. Our Tourism Amabassadors gush over their hearts “being full”, knowing they can enjoy these simple pleasures again soon.
Some of their top Fraser Coast Bucket List items include:
– Going out for lunch at the Vineyard enjoying the most amazing Hervey Bay Scallops with views of the Urangan Pier to Fraser Island
– Hiring a fishing boat & heading out to catch a feed & stopping by Pelican Banks
– Catching up with friends at any of the beautiful BBQ destinations along the seafront & Esplanade
– Visiting the Maryborough Markets & buying fresh local produce direct from the farmers
– Going in family adventures across the Fraser Coast to visit such places like the Bond Store which we are still to do with Emmy & it’s so rich in history & culture
– Booking a getaway to Fraser Island
– Travelling out to Burrum Heads for a quiet fish & chip feed on the river
– Having a drink & watching the hours go by while sitting at Enzo’s on the Beach
“We are totally counting down, & right now kind of seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel for our lives to return back to normal, stage by stage. We can’t wait to tick all these things off our list that we have been missing so much whilst in lockdown!”
Missing our slice of paradise too? Well, now you too can design your very own #FraserCoastBucketList right here, for when it is safe to travel again. Several lucky winners will even score a travel voucher towards their next Fraser Coast adventure! Whether it’s whales, yummy foods, culture or K’gari (Fraser Island), there is so much of our backyard here ready for you to see soon…
“We cannot wait to see you here – in our little piece of paradise. But shhhhh, just don’t tell everyone!” 😉
– Dan Steph & Emmy x