Fraser Island Permits
All vehicles travelling on Fraser Island must have a valid RAM access permit affixed to the left hand side of th windscreen.
National Park campers must have a camping permit attached to their tent for inspection by the Department of Environment & Resource Management (DERM) Rangers. All permits must be purchased before arriving on Fraser Island.
- Smart Service Qld - phone 13 13 04 - www.qld.gov.au/camping
- Department of Environment & Resource Management Customer Service Centre, PO Box 15155, City East, Brisbane, Qld, 4002
160 Ann Street, Brisbane (open 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday) - phone (07) 3227 8185
Vehicle and camping permits
- Hervey Bay Airport, Don Adams Drive - phone (07) 4197 4730
(open 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 1.00pm Saturday, 10.00am to 3.00pm Sunday)
- DERM Maryborough, corner Alince and Lennox Streets - phone (07) 4121 1800
(open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
- DERM Rainbow Beach, Rainbow Beach Road - phone (07) 5486 9900
(open 7.00am to 4.00pm Daily)
- River Heads Information Kiosk, located at the barge departure car park
(open 6.15am to 11.15am and 2.00pm to 3.30pm Daily)
For your safety, please observe all current road signs on Fraser Island.
For up-to-date information on Fraser Island including road access, tide times and campground availability visit www.derm.qld.gov.au/fraser